January 04, 2013

Friday Update!

I mentioned in my first post that I want to accomplish three things this year:
  • Blog
  • Get Fit
  • Reduce Debt
So far I've done a bit of planning for the blog and I've gotten back to work from my Christmas break (I'm going to file that one under Reduce Debt!) But what I haven't done yet is fill you (my invisible readers) about my fitness journey! And that's what I'd like to use Fridays for.

Just before the Christmas break, my boss's wife told me about this handy food and exercise tracking app that she'd been using. I wouldn't say she's particularly in the need of a diet, but she said she was before she took control and made some changes (seriously, if I could look like her at her age (which really isn't very old!) I'd be happy!!). So I started using the MyFitnessPal app (which also has a website!).

Turns out the app is really user friendly and more than a little addictive (for a control freak like me!). All you need to do is put in your age, gender, weight, height and goal weight and it will calculate for you a recommended  daily (weekly and monthly) calorie intake as well as desired exercise time. I haven't been using the app to it's fullest extent (you can enter your weight daily to monitor your weight loss... or gain... as well as your measurements) but I intend to!

Enter Exhibit A:
Not EXACTLY what mine looks like... but close enough!
I bought myself a scale. 

It's not that we don't already own a scale here, there is one in the bathroom... but I'm pretty sure it's older than me. Now I own my own scale! (I don't think I've ever done that before!)

On top of recording what I eat, I also have one of these bad boys...
Nor this exact one... but it is a Nordic Track and it looks really similar!
So I can get some movement going!

There you have it! Now you know the story behind my fitness app and now I can tell you that I hope to share this with you every Friday! I hope I can let you know where I'm at with my endurance on the elliptical (time and kilometer-wise) and hopefully when I'll be posting pictures of me in an itsy-bitsy-teenie-weenie-yellow-polka-dot-bikini!!

Stay tuned for more Friday Updates!

Cheers! xoxo
-Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment