My absolute, without a doubt, favourite flavor in the WHOLE world is s'more. I'm a chocoholic, marshmallow lover and no dessert is quite complete without graham crackers!
After entertaining the idea of making some chocolate pancakes with some marshmallows and throwing some graham crackers at them I decided the best course of action would be to put the graham crackers in the pancakes!
(please don't ask about the caloric content, I think I'm still full from these!!)
|They weren't sweet enough for the boyfriend, he needed to add some Aunt Jemima! (photo courtesy of the boyfriend <3)|
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour**
- 1 sleeve of Honeymaid graham crackers (that's 9 sheets made up of 4 wafers!)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond (or cow, goat, coconut... your favourite!) milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your pan while you whip everything up, this'll get you to your pancakes faster!.
- In a bowl, combine the baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Crush the graham crackers mostly (I left some chunk in there, they turned out just fine! But you can crush them up fine if you want!).
- In another bowl, beat eggs, milk and butter.
- Mix together your wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the preheated surface brushed with melted butter, margarine, coconut butter or oil.
- Top with mini marshmallows (I was out so I cut regular sized ones into thirds) and use a blow torch to caramelize them. (alternately, spread your marshmallows out on a baking sheet and broil them quickly in the oven... you need the roasted taste, so this is crucial!!)
**flour amount may vary, I'd say start with a cup and add if you have to. It's been SUPER humid here lately making most of my baking turn out a bit wetter than usual.