June 30, 2015

Sunday Brunch!

So before the whole bee fiasco this past Sunday I made brunch for the boyfriend and the family!

My absolute, without a doubt, favourite flavor in the WHOLE world is s'more. I'm a chocoholic, marshmallow lover and no dessert is quite complete without graham crackers!

After entertaining the idea of making some chocolate pancakes with some marshmallows and throwing some graham crackers at them I decided the best course of action would be to put the graham crackers in the pancakes!

(please don't ask about the caloric content, I think I'm still full from these!!)


They weren't sweet enough for the boyfriend, he needed to add some Aunt Jemima! (photo courtesy of the boyfriend <3)

S'mores Pancakes
Ingredients
  • 1.5 cup whole wheat flour**
  • 1 sleeve of Honeymaid graham crackers (that's 9 sheets made up of 4 wafers!)
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond (or cow, goat, coconut... your favourite!) milk
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
How-To
  1. Preheat your pan while you whip everything up, this'll get you to your pancakes faster!.
  2. In a bowl, combine the baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar.
  3. Crush the graham crackers mostly (I left some chunk in there, they turned out just fine! But you can crush them up fine if you want!).
  4. In another bowl, beat eggs, milk and butter.
  5. Mix together your wet and dry ingredients.
  6. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the preheated surface brushed with melted butter, margarine, coconut butter or oil.
  7. Top with mini marshmallows (I was out so I cut regular sized ones into thirds) and use a blow torch to caramelize them. (alternately, spread your marshmallows out on a baking sheet and broil them quickly in the oven... you need the roasted taste, so this is crucial!!)
I was going to top these bad boys with some hot chocolate fudge sauce (I'm still tempted to do that next time!!), but I am sort of glad I didn't... they were filling!!

**flour amount may vary, I'd say start with a cup and add if you have to. It's been SUPER humid here lately making most of my baking turn out a bit wetter than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment