January 12, 2013

Weekend Baking Adventure... Saturday Edition!

This weekend I am moving onto the breads. I have come across this particular recipe a couple times in the past year and I decide it was about time I took it out of the "Things to Bake" folder into the "Things that Worked Out!" folder instead.
TaDa!!
I have adapted my recipe mainly from two different sites I found it on. The first site was The Pioneer Woman. The version there makes use of a pot for the mixing / rising stage. Personally I prefer a chewier bread so I like to have a stage where I get to knead some love into the dough. But what I definitely took from this recipe is sprinkling the yeast into the warm milk (well, actually I mix it in. Really want to get that little bacteria dissolved and incorporated in there!!), but I'm sorry... cinnamon NEEDS brown sugar!!

But I did basically take the recipe (ingredients) from The Merry Gourmet. So before I go off on another tangent, let's get that recipe rolling! 


Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
Makes: 1 Loaf

Dough

3cups Flour (your choice! But all purpose works pretty well here!)
1/4cup Granulated Sugar

2-1/4tsp Dry Active Yeast
1/2tsp Salt
1/2cup Milk
4tbsp Butter (melted)
1tsp Vanilla Extract
2(large) Eggs
  • Stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Set aside
  • Heat milk and butter so its hot enough to get the yeast moving, but not to kill it! (so basically hot but you can still stick your finger in it) Put in the bottom of a mixing bowl
  • Mix yeast into milk
  • In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and vanilla
  • Put the flour mixture on top of the milk mixture and top it off with the egg. Mix to combine then turn out on counter and knead until smooth
  • Place dough in clean bowl. Cover and place in a warm spot for about 25 minutes
  • Roll dough out to 12x20inches
Filling 
4tbspButter (soft)
3/4cup Golden Brown Sugar
2tsp Cinnamon
  • Spread butter over dough and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
  • Cut into six strips (approximately 3x12inches each)
  • Stack strips and cut again into 6 (ending with 6 piles of 6 rectangles that are approximately 2x3inches)
  • Stack into buttered loaf pan so they're all standing on end (it looks like a loaf of sliced bread)
  • Cover with plastic and let rise in a warm (and if possible, damp... then you don't need the plastic) for about 45 minutes
  • Bake at 350F (without that plastic from the rising) for 35-40 minutes
Glaze
1cup Icing Sugar
1-3oz (to taste!) Cream Cheese
1/2tsp Vanilla
2tbsp Milk
  • Melt cream cheese and mix with milk and vanilla
  • Stir in icing sugar until smooth (don't worry it will be pretty runny, that's the way you want it!)
  • Drizzle over warm bread... and devour!

Enjoy! 
Try it and let me know how you do!

Cheers! xoxo!
-Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment