|Tell me, does that not look delicious? :)|
So without boring you with my gushing about Kenora (cause it was -30 and I didn't get any pictures, maybe next time!) Let's jump right in to the recipe!
Apple Strusel Brunch Pizza
Makes: 3 Pizzas
1-1/8tsp dry active yeast
1-1/2tbsp canola oil
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4cup water.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in the rest of the water in your mixing bowl. Mix together with canola oil.
- Add flour on the top of oil mixture then add yeast mixture. (protects the yeast from the oil and salt!)
- Cover and set in a warm spot for approximately an hour.
- Knock back the dough and divide into three equal portions
- Cover and let rest for about 15 more minutes
3 granny smith apples (cored, peeled, chopped)
A splash of lemon juice
1tsp ground cinnamon
3tbsp brown sugar
1/2tsp corn starch
Prepare the apples:
- Toss the apples with lemon juice.
- In a bowl mix cinnamon, brown sugar and cornstarch. Toss with apples.
- Spread apples out on a baking sheet and dot with butter. Bake at 400F for ~10-15 minutes.
Prepare Strusel Topping:
- Combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture.
1/2tbsp cream cheese
1cup icing sugar
- Melt butter with cream cheese.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix in icing sugar and add milk if it's not smooth enough to drizzle.
- Roll dough out until thin.
- Arrange apple pieces over dough
- Sprinkle with strusel
- Bake at 450F for approximately 10-15 minutes or until crust is light golden
- Drizzle with glaze when still hot
- Serve warm
Once again I adapted this recipe from a few different sources and also I used my awesome baking expertise to make it extra yummy! Head on over to my main inspiration, the wonderful Minimalist Baker for a lovely dairy free version of this recipe!
See you next weekend!!