April 30, 2015

Eggless hens? ....Nevermind!

we're in the egg business!!
Pretty sure my chickens read my blog... I can't think of any other reason for them to have started laying literally the day after I appealed for help figuring out why they weren't laying! I got my first on Sunday, another one on Monday, FOUR on Tuesday and another four yesterday! I even found one in the crate this morning when I gave them breakfast! That's almost a dozen in 5 days!

They've been using the dog crate that's still in the coop because with working 8-5 all week at a job that is 50km from my home, and fighting off a unpleasant cold (the first I've had since last Christmas!!) I haven't had much time to work on the nesting boxes.

Summer's definitely on the way!! The ice on Eagle Lake is breaking up beautifully, soon enough fencing at the neighbours' will start and stay tuned for an update on how my gardening efforts are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment