April 07, 2015

Coop Coming Along

Chicken day has been pushed back to Friday since the chicken truck (which I have to go meet in Thunder Bay, a 400km trek!) is running late. Because of the delay, the boyfriend won't be able to join me (can't get Friday off work)... but I gain two whole nights to work on the coop!
 
... not that I need it!
 
Last week Claude was working in Kenora all week so we didn't have a chance to work on the coop, but when I went out after the Easter weekend I saw THIS!
 

(sorry for the crappy quality shot, my camera and I aren't getting along right now)
Turns out Claude has the same restless problem I do... can't leave a project unfinished! Over the weekend (when I was eating FAR too much food and chocolate) he put the roof up (good call, I don't do heights too well at the moment) and windows in! 
 
Last night we worked on the trim around the roof and some insulation around the windows. My homework is to buy some spray foams for the corners, and some waterproof roof sealant. All that's left after that is to frame and hang the door, take it home, and fill it full of chickens!


No comments:

Post a Comment