|My macarons after baking, completed and the flavouring I used!|
Strawberry Macarons With Vanilla Buttercream
85g Ground Almonds
150g Confectioners Sugar
3 Large Egg Whites
1/4cup Granulated Sugar
Red Food Colouring
1/2cup icing sugar
- Combine almonds and confectioners sugar (you can use your food processor if you want, but I didn't find that necessary).
- In a clean grease free bowl, whip egg whites and granulated sugar until stiff peaks are achieved.
- Add flavouring and food colouring (sparingly!! too much moisture means no macarons!)
- Carefully add egg whites to almond mixture (everyone tells me to do this in 2 or more stages, but I didn't. Because I'm a rebel.).
- Pipe ~1 inch macarons onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- (if you feel so inclined, smack that baking sheet a couple times on the counter, I did one sheet without doing this and one with this step... I didn't find a difference).
- Let the macarons sit at room temperature for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour (depending on the humidity where you are), or until you can touch the top of the macaron and it's no longer sticky.
- Bake at 300F for 10 - 14 minutes (rotate part way through if your oven bakes as unevenly as mine).
- I let mine dry a day at room temperature before filling
- Cream together ingredients. (add more icing sugar if it's too soft for you!)
- Sandwich about a teaspoon of butter cream between two shells
- Macarons are best after they've sat assembled in an air tight container for a day or two!!
...hello? anyone? is there someone out there?