Today was (I'm going to guess) the warmest day of the week. We're expecting to hit a high of -4!! Super toasty!
Sticking with my theme of all things sugary, I did two more recipes that would make your dentist grin!
But on the sadder side... I'm only sharing one recipe because the other didn't work out! I made Mars Bar Slices (something one of my flatmates in England loved!), which turned out perfectly and the other was espresso macaroons... and they didn't turn out so well. But that's kinda my own fault. The shells taste good, but I missed a couple steps and they weren't perfect... so hopefully you'll see them next weekend!!
So try out these SUPER easy (and obviously healthy) bars!
|Mars Bar Slices made with leftover Christmas Rice Crispies!|
Mars Bar Slices
Makes: One 9x13 pan
3 regular sized Mars Bars, chopped small
3cups Rice Crispies (don't cheap out, go for Kellogs!!)
200g your favourite chocolate (I'd recommend semisweet, but if you want dark, white or milk... go for it!!)
- Add the Rice Crispies to a mixing bowl.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a sauce pan melt the first amount with the Mars Bars. They do have to come to a boil and it will look like you've messed up and the works is a messy separated puddle... don't worry! keep stirring and wait for it to come to a boil.
- Pour Mars Bars over Rice Crispies and mix well.
- Pour into the 9x13 pan and press firmly down (it will be a very thing bar... and that's a good thing!!).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt (in the microwave!) the chocolate with the second amount of butter.
- Pour and spread over the packed Rice Crispies in the pan.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until set.
- Cut and try your hardest to not eat all of them!!
Hope you have a good week! Say hi to my little baking buddy here:
|My little baking buddy got tired!!|